Council of Elders
Vice President email@example.com
By Jill Genet.
I’d heard about Tia well before I met her.
One of our wonderful long time volunteers, Josephine had told me what a dynamo Tia was and said to me on many occasions that I really needed to meet her.
Tia had visited a few of the Red Tent branches and even been at our beautiful home base Temple in Redland Bay, Qld, attending a drum-birthing workshop with Rachelle Charman from Academy of Crystal Awakening. However, somehow our paths hadn’t crossed yet. I had seen some photos she had posted of her Red Tent visits on social media, when she’d tagged RTA, saying that she felt like she had “Come Home.”
It wasn’t until Tia applied to participate in our Facilitator Training programme that I finally got to talk to her over the phone in a brief interview. I was excited to accept her to the training and as soon as she stepped into the Red Tent I knew she was someone special and was going to play a huge role in my life.
Secretary Position Vacant – seeking applications!
View Position Description
- Making sure finances are well planned by preparing an Annual Budget and then regularly monitoring this budget to see that the organisation is staying within it.
- Making sure that the books are up to date and in order – this means that there is a proper record of all payments and money received, and that accounts are reconciled at least once a month.
- Taking reasonable steps to make sure that the organisation’s finances are arranged so as to prevent funds from being stolen or misused under a risk management policy
- Ensuring that the necessary information and account books are ready for an audit each year and that an audit takes place.
- Presenting the audited accounts at the Annual General Meeting.
- Delegating the specific tasks of preparing financial reports and maintaining the financial record-keeping system to a suitably skilled volunteer or a paid bookkeeper.
Red Tent Australia is looking for new team members!
Take a look at our Organisation Chart, and if you see a vacancy for something you think you’d be able to do,
or you just want to help however you can, please submit a Team Role Expression of Interest form!